When you ask someone their thoughts on 2020, you may receive a variety of answers. Some people experienced a ton of highs while others encountered a fair amount of lows. A good deal of life altering circumstances occurred and caused many different forms of grief.
Grief is something that we all deal with when something life changing alters your life. Whether it is losing a job, ending a relationship, or the death of a love one there are emotions associated with these situations.
Psychiatrist Elisabeth Kubler-Ross developed the five stages of grief and suggest that the process consist of denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and finally acceptance.
Studies have shown that music can play a critical role in allowing a person to explore feelings and express their emotions associated with grief. In an attempt to ensure that bliss is the outcome for any circumstance that occurs and to assist you with this process in a healthy way here are 25 Beyoncé songs to get you through the grief process with lyric quotes.
Denial is the refusal to admit a truth or accept someone or something. Here are 5 songs to help you with these emotions.
- Say My Name “Something’s going down that’s the way it seems (Shouldn’t be the reason why you’re acting strange) If nobody’s holding you back from me (‘Cause I know how you usually do)”
- Crazy In Love “Got me looking so crazy, my baby I’m not myself, lately I’m foolish, I don’t do this I’ve been playing myself, baby, I don’t care.”
- Sweet Dreams “You could be a sweet dream or a beautiful nightmare either way I don’t wanna wake up from you.”
- Me, Myself, and I “I can’t believe I believed everything we had would last so young and naïve for me to think she was from your past.”
- Hold Up “Hold up, they don’t love you like I love you slow down, they don’t love you like I love you back up, they don’t love you like I love you step down, they don’t love you like I love you”
Anger is a strong feeling of annoyance, displeasure, or hostility. Here are 5 songs to allow you to explore those feelings.
- Daddy Lessons “With his gun, with his head held high he told me not to cry Oh, my daddy said shoot.”
- Don’t Hurt Yourself “Who the f*ck do you think I am? you ain’t married to no average b*tch, boy you can watch my fat a** twist, boy As I bounce to the next d*ck, boy”
- Ring the Alarm “Ring the alarm I been through this too long but I’ll be damn if I see another chick on your arm”
- Resentment “Just can’t seem to get over the way you hurt me don’t know how you gave another who didn’t mean a thing, no the very thing you gave to me,”
- Sorry “I don’t give a f*ck, chucking my deuces up suck on my balls, pause, I had enough I ain’t thinking ’bout you”
Bargaining in grief is a type of negotiation that gives you false hope in the situation. Here are 5 songs that can help you relate.
- Before I Let You Go “Now, we had our good times that we can say we hurted each other, yeah and, boy, it’s a shame I won’t be foolish, no I wanna know I wanna make sure I’m bright, boy before I let go
- Disappear “If I begged and if I cried would it change the sky tonight would it give me some light should I wait for you to call? Is there any hope at all are you drifting by?”
- I Miss You “I miss you, like everyday wanna be with you, but you’re away I said I miss you, missing you insane but if I got with you, could it feel the same”
- End of Time “Come take my hand I won’t let you go I’ll be your friend I will love you so, deeply I will be the one to kiss you at night I will love you until the end of time”
- Countdown “There’s ups and downs in this love got a lot to learn in this love through the good and the bad, still got love dedicated to the one I love, hey.”
Depression is very common in grief, it’s an emptiness you feel when you withdraw from life. Here are 5 songs to let you know you are not the only one who has experienced this.
- Pray You Catch Me ‘Nothing else ever seems to hurt like the smile on your face when it’s only in my memory It don’t hit me quite the same maybe it’s a cause for concern but I’m not at ease keeping my head to the curb”
- I Rather Die Young “’Cause I’d rather die young than live my life without you”
- I Was Here “I want to leave my footprints on the sands of time know there was something that, something that I left behind when I leave this world, I’ll leave no regrets leave something to remember, so they won’t forget.”
- XO “In the darkest night hour I’ll search through the crowd Your face is all that I see I’ll give you everything Baby love me lights out Baby love me lights out You can turn my lights out.”
- Drunk In Love “I’ve been drinkin, I’ve been drinkin, I get filthy when that liquor gets into me.”
Acceptance is the final stage when your emotional stabilize and you acknowledge the reality. Here are 5 songs to uplift you.
- Spirit “Sayin’ rise up to the light in the sky, yeah watch the light lift your heart up burn your flame through the night”
- Sandcastles “Show me your scars and I won’t walk away Oh, and I know I promised that I couldn’t stay, baby every promise don’t work out that way”
- Listen “Listen to the song here in my heart a melody I start but I will complete”